Do you still have a leftover bag of fresh cranberries in the fridge or freezer from Thanksgiving, like me? Not sure what to make with them and don’t want to wait another year to use them. Try this super simple dessert recipe which only calls for six ingredients!
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 sticks/1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a square pan or baking dish (8×8) with parchment paper or foil with a little excess on two sides. This will help in lifting the bars out of the pan later.
2. Mix your ingredients! With an electric hand or stand mixer cream the room temperature butter and sugar together until well combined. Then add the vanilla extract and slowly add the flour.
3. Take a little over half the dough and with your hands spread on the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible.
4. Add cranberries (as many or as little as you like).
5. With the remaining dough, add a few pieces by hand as a top layer to unevenly cover the cranberries. Don’t worry about covering everything — you’ll have a few exposed pieces!
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve. You can store these for up to a week at room temperature!